The Mac mini offers three processor options: a dual-core Intel Core i5 at 1.4GHz, 2.6GHz, or 2.8GHz. (You can also get a Core i7 processor as a build-to-order option.). ‘Use this Pngyu, point it to your gamessnes folder inside of hakchi2 program folder. Now click the Cross (plus symbol) button and search for.png in the popup window and ctrl+a all the pngs that show up. Convert them all in one go. And voila: you saved a few megs. I saved 12mb doing this. 184 games: 167.9/196 space used. Every little helps. READ NEXT: Bought a SNES Mini instead? Here's how to hack Nintendo's miniature console. And then extract the contents to a FAT32 or ext-4-formatted USB stick on a Mac or Windows PC.
This tutorial will show you how to hack your SNES Classic Mini on your Apple computer running MacOS. Mac users can now use hakchi2 to add more games, play different consoles, and much more on their Classic. This tutorial will guide you step-by-step on how to install a free Windows VM to your Mac and set it up so you can begin hacking.
This tutorial is the same and works for both the SNES Classic Mini and NES Classic Mini.
1. Download and install VirtualBox here (click on OS X hosts under VirtualBox #.#.# platform packages).
2. Download the VirtualBox Extension Pack here (click on All supported platforms next to VirtualBox #.#.# Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack). Open the file and press Install.
3. Download and extract MSEdge on Win10 (x64) Stable for VirtualBoxhere.
4. In VirtualBox, go to File > Import Appliance...
5. Hit the folder icon, select the .ovf file extracted from step 3, and press Continue.
6. Press Import.
7. Connect your SNES Classic Mini to your Mac and turn it on.
8. Select MSEdge - Win10_preview and go to Settings.
9. Go to Ports > USB > check Enable USB Controller and select USB 2.0 (EHCH) Controller.
10. Press the + USB icon and select Nintendo Co., Ltd... and press OK.
11. Turn off the SNES Classic, then hold the reset button, turn the SNES Classic back on, and release the reset button (the power light should not be on).
Hack Snes Mini Using Macbook
12. Again, select MSEdge - Win10_preview and go to Settings.
Hack Snes Mini Using Mac Pro
13. Go to Ports > USB and hit the + USB icon and select Onda (unverified) V972 tablet in flashing mode... and press OK.
14. Select MSEdge - Win10_preview and press Start.
15. When prompted, sign into Windows with the password (note: the 0 is a zero):
Hack Snes Mini Using Macro
16. You will now have a Windows VM running on your Mac which you can use to install hakchi2 and add games, consoles, and more to your SNES Classic. From here, you can now follow any of our guides. We recommend this tutorial (how-to add more games to your SNES Classic) to start. When installing running hakchi, you will be prompted to install .NET Framework.
If you have any questions, leave it in the comments below.
One of the best features of Hakchi2 is its super intuitive interface. Adding ROMs is as simple as clicking on the ‘add more games’ button and selecting the ROMs that you want to introduce. From its own interface you can also add a cover, specify the number of players and even add details such as the release date and the maker.
Once you’re done adding the ROMs to your Super Nintendo Mini, just click on the ‘synchronize’ button. You then have to follow a brief tutorial and your tiny console will be ready to be used and enjoyed.
Hakchi2 is a tool that’s pretty much a must-have for any Super Nintendo Mini user that wants to add a few new games to their console. It is important to keep in mind that although this is a pretty easy to use program, it could damage your console if you’re not careful.