Looking for emoji? A complete listing of every emoji icon available. Some emoji are not available across all devices so click on one to see they will show up on iOS, and Android phones. View details for emoji names, descriptions, and examples of how they are used by today's biggest fans. The emoji keyboard also keeps a Frequently Used section on the left. Most people have limited palette of words that they use in everyday speech. And we have an even smaller pool of oft-used emojis.
Here's some tips for more efficient use of Emojipedia.
- 💡 You can access Emojipedia.org using our short URL — 📙.la
- 💡 Individual emojis can be accessed using short URLs too. 📙.la/🐶 loads the Dog Face Emoji
- 💡 Pin Emojipedia as a tab in Safari for OS X to have quick access to our search features any time.
- 💡 On DuckDuckGo type !emoji at the start of a query to search Emojipedia directly
Shortcuts For Emojis On Mac
- 💡 To view all emojis with a specific skin tone, browse the modifiers page.
- 💡 Some emojis are created from two or more other emojis. See how they work by viewing the codepoints.
- 💡 To see what's new in emoji approvals, or platforms support, keep an eye on the new emojis page.
Shortcut Key For Emoji On Mac
- 💡 Use the External Sites feature to browse emojis on other sites such as Instagram or Yelp.
- 💡 Suggestion for additional external sites with emoji support? Tweet us!
Somewhat annoyingly, Google hasn’t documented any of their Hangouts keyboard shortcuts to tell you that when you urgently need to insert 💩 (pile of poo U+1F4A9) you can just type
[email protected]~. It’d be nice if there were a public list somewhere, or mouse hovering gave you some clues about using a shortcut. But there isn’t anything helpful.
UNTIL NOW. 😲
If you go searching through the Google Hangouts source code, you’ll discover that they’re actually all backed by regular Unicode characters. Their smiling emoji is the Unicode character 😃 (smiling face with open mouth U+1F603) and they replace it with one of their custom images.
The upshot is when you copy text from elsewhere on the web and paste it into your Hangouts message, you won’t lose important characters like 💩. (If you’re careful with your mouse you can also copy a Hangouts emoji image from the grid, paste it somewhere, and it’ll work.)
128515 is decimal-speak for the hexadecimal value 0x1F603, corresponding to 😃 (smiling face with open mouth U+1F603). When you type
:) in a message, they see it has a corresponding emoji and replace it accordingly.
A full list is then pretty easy to automatically build.
So I present what I think is the first, and only, publicly available list of all Google Hangouts emoji keyboard shortcuts.
|🐵||monkey face (U+1F435)|
|🐷||pig face (U+1F437)|
|👳||man with turban (U+1F473)|
|💔||broken heart (U+1F494)|
|💜||purple heart (U+1F49C)|
|💩||pile of poo (U+1F4A9)|
|😀||grinning face (U+1F600)|
|😁||grinning face with smiling eyes (U+1F601)|
|😃||smiling face with open mouth (U+1F603)|
|😄||smiling face with open mouth and smiling eyes (U+1F604)|
|😅||smiling face with open mouth and cold sweat (U+1F605)|
|😇||smiling face with halo (U+1F607)|
|😈||smiling face with horns (U+1F608)|
|😉||winking face (U+1F609)|
|😎||smiling face with sunglasses (U+1F60E)|
|😐||neutral face (U+1F610)|
|😑||expressionless face (U+1F611)|
|😓||face with cold sweat (U+1F613)|
|😔||pensive face (U+1F614)|
|😕||confused face (U+1F615)|
|😖||confounded face (U+1F616)|
|😗||kissing face (U+1F617)|
|😘||face throwing a kiss (U+1F618)|
|😛||face with stuck-out tongue (U+1F61B)|
|😜||face with stuck-out tongue and winking eye (U+1F61C)|
|😞||disappointed face (U+1F61E)|
|😡||pouting face (U+1F621)|
|😢||crying face (U+1F622)|
|😣||persevering face (U+1F623)|
|😦||frowning face with open mouth (U+1F626)|
|😮||face with open mouth (U+1F62E)|
|😲||astonished face (U+1F632)|
|😵||dizzy face (U+1F635)|
|😸||grinning cat face with smiling eyes (U+1F638)|
- Previous post
- Favicons over time
- Next post
- A summary of HTTP redirects