I have an iPhone 11 and a MacBook Pro M1. Since getting the new MBP, my iPhone will no longer forward text messages to the Mac. Both are signed into the same iCloud account. Restarting the devices doesn’t work. Cycling iCloud messaging off and on doesn’t work. Cycling iCloud off and on doesn’t work. Apple’s Messages in iCloud service can be used to backup all your text messages to the cloud so that you can download them to your new iPhone - and keep them in sync across all your Apple.
Data such as SMS messages, recent calls, call favorites, iPhone settings, notes created with the Notes application, alarms, world clock settings, cities tracked with the Weather widget, stocks tracked with the Stocks widget - basically the data not included with the iTunes sync process for your iPhone is maintained in your iPhone's backup - which is created and maintained by iTunes on your computer.
If any of this data has changed since the last sync, your iPhone's backup is updated as the very first step as part of the sync process.
At the iTunes menu bar, go to iTunes > Preferences.
Check under the Syncing tab for your iTunes preferences.
This shouldn't be scary - unless you are unaware of this feature - which IMO is a good feature that Apple included. This is also used if you ever need to restore your iPhone. When restoring, the options are from your iPhone's backup, or as a new iPhone or not from the backup.
Message was edited by: Allan Sampson
Apr 29, 2008 6:47 PM☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
- How to Save Text Message in iCloud on iPhone, iPad and Mac Storing messages and iMessages on iCloud was one of the most awaited features and finally, with the release of the new iOS 11.4 update, it is now possible to save all our conversations to iCloud, including texts, photos, and other attachments.
- How to Sync Messages from iPhone to Mac 1. In case iMessage not syncing between Mac and iPhone still, you may sync your messages from or to Mac using ApowerManager. It is a well-known data transfer utility, which supports various files including iMessages, text messages, contacts, music, etc.
December 7, 2019 at 12:46 PM
Categories: iTunes, Data Recovery, iPhone View Comments
Here is a quick step-by-step guide on how to save iPhone text messages to your Mac desktop or laptop computer. These steps will work with iOS 13, iOS 12, iOS 11, iOS 10, iOS 9, iOS 8, iOS 7, iOS 6, iOS 5, and iOS 4.
Steps for Saving iPhone Text Messages to Mac.
- Make a backup of your iPhone via iTunes (or Finder on macOS Catalina).
- Install Decipher TextMessage on your Mac.
- Select your device and a contact.
- Choose 'Export' from the program menu.
Whether you need to export SMS text messages to your Mac from just one iPhone contact or from multiple contacts, you'll be able to accomplish these tasks in just minutes with Decipher TextMessage. After backing up your iPhone via iTunes, you'll see your device listed in the left-hand column of the software.
Once a device is selected, you can then choose any iPhone contact and you will see all your text messages with that contact displayed just like they are on your iPhone or iPad. Simply choose 'Export' from the menu and the trial version will let you save a few messages from each contact and give you a good feel for the program.
Iphone Text Messages On Mac
After exporting your messages to your computer, open the exported HTML file in your web browser and you'll see all your messages in chat bubble format. The program will also include and photos or video attachments contained in your text message conversations! For more info about Decipher TextMessage visit the Decipher Tools site. You can also contact us via our support page and we'll email you back!