- The Victorian Curriculum F10effective Curriculum Ideas 5th
- The Victorian Curriculum F10effective Curriculum Ideas Lesson
The MAV is the Victorian mathematics teacher professional association and provides teachers with mathematics curriculum, assessment and pedagogical resources; professional development activities and regional conferences and an annual state conference in December of each year. By Unit / Lessons – specifying Victorian Curriculum F–10 content descriptions and achievement standards, activities and resources to ensure students of all achievement levels are able to progress This resource uses the Victorian Curriculum F–10 terminology, so the term 'Curriculum Area' refers to the learning areas and capabilities. In the Australian Curriculum: Science, there are six key ideas that represent key aspects of a scientific view of the world and bridge knowledge and understanding across the disciplines of science, as shown Figure 1 below. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Oxford Big Ideas Humanities 10 Victorian Curriculum Student book at the best online prices at eBay! Jun 11, 2020 - These are checklists directly aligned to the Victorian Curriculum, very closely related to the Australian Curriculum, containing Level Achievement Standards-all broken down into 'I Can' statements. Written like you would teach it! See more ideas about i can statements, english reading, australian curriculum.
Maths Curriculum Companion
The Foundation to Level 10 Mathematics Curriculum Companion is a suite of learning and teaching resources aligned to the Victorian Curriculum. It has been developed in consultation with Victorian primary and secondary teachers.
The Victorian Curriculum F10effective Curriculum Ideas 5th
Resources are organised by strand, sub-strand and level and incorporate the proficiencies: understanding, fluency, problem solving and reasoning. These resources unpack the mathematics content descriptions to provide teachers with relevant content knowledge, online resources and suggested teaching and learning ideas.
The Mathematics Curriculum Companion is a key component of the Birth to Level 10 Mathematics Teaching Toolkit.
The Victorian Curriculum F10effective Curriculum Ideas Lesson
Mathematics Teaching Toolkit
The Birth to Level 10 Mathematics Teaching Toolkit brings together new and existing numeracy and mathematics resources and supports in an easy to access format.Learn more
Frequently asked questions
- How is the Mathematics Curriculum Companion structured?
The Companion consists of:
- A teaching context section which helps teachers with content knowledge, teaching advice and strategies
- The Victorian Curriculum alignment and useful VCAA resources
- Selected online resources and,
- A range of teaching ideas specific to each content area
- How can I find resources?There are many options to help teachers find resources in the most efficient way. Choose to filter by strands, sub-strands, levels or customize your filter with a key word or Victorian Curriculum Mathematics description code. Alternatively, select the menu option and drill down to relevant content areas.
- How can the Mathematics Curriculum Companion help with planning teaching and learning programs?The Companion is designed to assist teachers build their knowledge and understanding of the Victorian Curriculum in Mathematics and how it can be incorporated into a teaching and learning program. Teachers use this to determine the topics that will be used to develop the knowledge and skills set out in the Victorian Curriculum F–10. Activities and advice will help teachers unpack the content descriptions setting the context for developing engaging and effective lessons and learning sequences, based on the needs and developmental levels of their students.
- Are the teaching contexts and ideas supposed to form a learning sequence?No, the content within the Companion is not a teaching and learning sequence. It is designed to help teachers develop their own teaching and learning sequences so that students develop the skills and knowledge associated with each content description. The contexts and ideas throughout the Companion are suggestions for teachers and are not intended to be prescriptive.
- How can I give feedback on the Mathematics Curriculum Companion?
We welcome feedback, send your ideas, queries or comments to [email protected]